-If you are reading this, then I assume that at one point or another, you have felt overwhelmed to the point of not being able to breathe. It is okay.
This feeling is perfectly normal.
The most important thing to remember is that you are not alone in this.
We all have been there. Anyone can see people overwhelmed with their lives daily if you look around.
-However, when we feel down and insecure at times of being overwhelmed, it’s easy to forget that we have a choice. We can either give up or keep pushing forward.
You may ask yourself why you would want to go through your situation if it is so complex and feels like the end of the world?
One reason is that there will be an end at some point, and although it may take days, weeks, months- whatever it is that you are feeling like- the end will come.
Another thing to consider is that there is always something you can do about it, even if it seems impossible. You never know until you try. Sometimes we need a little push to overcome some of these things.
That is why friends and family are so important because they motivate us, but they are always there for us whenever we need them.
Here are some tips on how to get through your day when you feel overwhelmed:
1. Identify what overwhelming you is– This may seem like a very easy and obvious task, but you must be able to identify the source of your stress to address it.
2. Take a break- There is nothing wrong with taking five minutes for yourself to breathe and refocus. Many problems can be solved in this time because they allow you to think about what you are feeling without further becoming agitated.
3. Work on one thing at a time- This tip will serve you. Focus on one task at a time, and don’t try to accomplish everything all at once because it will eventually lead to failure.
4. Ask for help- It is okay to let others know when you need help with something, whether it be a school project or a personal problem. What we perceive as a problem can often be a solution and not nearly as big an issue as we initially believed it to be.
5. Don’t give up. As I have repeated multiple times on this list, the most important thing is to keep going even when you feel down. The more you push through your problems, the more likely they will eventually go away.
6. Take care of yourself- It may seem like a very simple task, but many people tend to forget about self-care when feeling overwhelmed. Sometimes all you need is some time to relax and reflect on your day to gain perspective on your life.
7. Visualize the result- Often, overwhelming tasks can seem miles away, and it is easy to get caught up in the frustration of something that doesn’t seem like it will end anytime soon. By visualizing the result, you may be able to overcome some of your initial stress and gain a clear head when working on this task.
8. Count your blessings- I know this may sound cliché, but it is essential to remember everything you have going for you. It is so easy to get caught up in only focusing on the negative that we neglect everything that makes us unique.
9. Practice meditation- Meditation is an incredible way to reconnect with yourself and reenergize your body by clearing your mind. Sometimes all you need is some time alone to focus on yourself to overcome anything.
10. Say no- The last thing I want you to take away from this article is that it is okay to say no when overwhelmed or just too tired to do something.
It is okay to not take on everything at once, and you are worth being good to yourself first. You can have a social life and be successful academically.
When you feel overwhelmed, it is essential to remember that you too can overcome this hurdle. You need a little bit of reminding and the will to do so.